2019 GIRLS BOX LACROSSE LEAGUE
For players born 2001 thru 2009
We recommend 2 seasons of field lacrosse experience for all Box players.
We are excited to offer Reno’s FIRST ALL-GIRLS Box Lacrosse League this Fall!
Reno Sportsdome - Oct. 21 through Dec. 20, 2019
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays from 4pm to 6pm
Each age group meets once per week - 7 games/clinic sessions
No sessions Nevada Day, week of Halloween, or week of Thanksgiving.
(subject to change)
Register Today! - Space is Limited
Registration Process: HSLL is a partner program of USBOXLA, which affords members the discounted membership rate of $20, a 55% savings off the full $45 price. USBOXLA provides insurance, coach and referee training, and has goalie gear to ensure safe, fun game play.
Step 1: To participate in the HSLL Winter Box League, first register with USBOXLA.
- >>>Choose Annual Player Membership (or renew existing account
- >>>Choose High Sierra (NV) as sanctioned league/organization
- >>>Use code W5WXPBBC to receive the $20 rate
Step 2: Click here to register for HSLL Indoor Box League. You will need your 8 digit USBOXLA code created by completing Step 1.
HSLL League Pricing:
- Peewee/Bantam price is $150.00
- Midget/High School price is $200.00
- Goalies play for free. Goalie pads provided by HSLL. The League has purchased new goalie gear for the 2019-2020 season to ensure player safety
What is Box Lacrosse?
Box Lacrosse is Canadian style indoor lacrosse. A skills based game, it offers more skill repetition, a faster pace and a large emphasis on team passing and execution within the tight confines of an indoor field. Shooting, passing and ground ball skills will rapidly develop and improve.
- Girls play full pads, same rules and equipment as the boy’s game.
- Program format will consist of one hour skills clinic and one hour game.
- CLICK HERE for a rundown of the gear you need to play Box Lacrosse.
- Midget/High School players will play by USBOXLA Rules, using trained USBOXLA coaches, approved shot clocks on the main floor of the Reno Sportsdome.
- Peewee/Bantam players will enjoy box clinic-style skill development and games on the smaller floor, a nice layout for these age groups!
Girls Box Gear Rental
- High Sierra Lacrosse will off box lacrosse gear packages that can be rented for the duration of the season.
- $60 rental fee with the option to buy the gear at the end of the season.
- Will include helmet, shoulder pads, arm/elbow pads, gloves, rib pads, bicep pads, and boys stick.
- Players must have their own mouth guards and basketball style shoes--cleats are not allowed at Reno Sports Dome
USBOXLA age divisions are based off of birth year: Jan 1 to Dec 31.
Avalanche Box Travel Teams
Interested in competing against the best in the West? We are in contact with USBOXLA and several other clubs to hold “mini-tournaments” this fall to give the girls teams an opportunity to compete against other all girls teams from CA.
- Eric Martin, Program Director, 10 year professional lacrosse player in the MLL and NLL, 2x NCAA Champion, World Champion, Pro Champion, Salisbury University Athletics Hall of Fame.
- Eric Peacock, Program Administrator, Bishop Manogue Head Coach, HSLL and HSLF Board Member, played Collegiate Lacrosse at Whittier College and post grad with the Marin Lacrosse Club and others.
- Justin Cutler, Grew up on the East coast playing box lacrosse and field lacrosse. HSLL Board Member and Head Coach for the Galena Girls HS Team.
Jackie Cavilia, League Administrator at
Justin Cutler, Box Lacrosse League Coordinator email@example.com
Eric Martin, Box Lacrosse League Director, at
The 2019 Box Refund Policy is here